Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Requiescat in Pace, Virga

It is my sad duty to let you all know that we lost Virga sometime last night. The staff came in this morning to find her floating in the pool, dead. Needless to say everyone is quite upset and quite shocked, as she had been doing so well we were making tentative plans to release her.

The wildlife vet that initially brought her to us came over today to do a necropsy to see if he can determine just what happened. I will update you if they find anything out. However, if it comes down to the histopathology and ancillary tests, those results could take a few weeks.

Requiescat in pace, Virga, requiescat in pace...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry. :(

Isle Dance said...

Oh no - I am ((so)) sorry. This has to be extra devastating. Please know: Lots of ((supportive)) thoughts are being sent to you all.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to watch her swimming around, looking so fit on your video, but then have her pass away! I hope you get some answers.

Heather said...

Thanks everyone!

anne said...

I heard about this when Shannon told me. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to say this - I am so sorry. Sorry for you, sorry for Virga, sorry for your coworkers.

She was indeed a beautiful girl.